Warrington Outdoors is a volunteer-run local community organisation with a passion for our town’s many varied outdoor spaces – from rivers and parks to residential streets and commercial areas. We work with the local community to enhance both our awareness and enjoyment of these spaces, as well as their environmental health and cleanliness.
- Massive reduction in litter entering Warrington’s rivers and wetlands from upstream and the town itself.
- Preserving Warrington’s water and near-water habitats.
- Developing the public’s awareness of and appreciation for these wonderful assets.
Our organisation and supporters (informal partners) undertake a wide range of related activities that include but are not limited to:
- Campaigning for wider solutions (e.g. debris booms, more litter bins, removal of waste, preservation of green-spaces & wetlands)
- Habitat maintenance & monitoring
- Increasing public awareness & engagement
- Encouraging new people and organisations to join us
As well as taking part in the above activities, Warrington Rivers Partnership specifically helps our supporters by:
- Providing an online platform (including our website and Facebook) for allowing the public and each other to easily find out about their latest news, activities and upcoming events.
- Allowing them to easily discover and communicate with each other – whether to exchange ideas, share knowledge, seek funding, or other useful purposes.
- Conceiving and/or helping to organise activities & events.
- Actively furthering our own ability to contribute ideas, knowledge and funding to the partnership.
We warmly encourage our supporters and others to suggest additional ways in which we can help each other! Please contact us with any ideas!
Paul Connor | Founder
Founded Warrington Rivers Partnership in 2019. As well as being a professional Software Engineer with degrees from the University of Cambridge and University of Bristol, he has a passionate and active interest in the environment and ecology. He is also a qualified coach and occasional rower at Warrington Rowing Club.